There are many companies that sell promotional products, even online stores for the DIYers. Realizing that you need professional expertise is the first step toward choosing products that will help you put your business or event on the map, motivate your team, and build client loyalty. But choosing that expert in a field of so many can be tricky.
Here are the Top 10 questions to ask before you hire your promotional products expert:
- Don’t hire yourself to be your own promo person unless you have more than 15 years’ experience, an exhaustive wealth of suppliers and the ability to ship around the world.
- Have they been in business for at least 10 years? Can they provide references? Can you see the work that they have done for others?
- Are they good at placing logos on licensed apparel, gifts, awards and promotional items? Do they specialize? Do they have experts in every area that they specialize in? Who does the graphic design? Is it done in-house or elsewhere? Or, are you responsible for it?
- Can you visit them at their place of business (do they have a bricks and mortar location)? And, will they make the effort to visit you at your place of business?
- Does the company fit your company’s personality and vision?
- Will one person be focussed on serving you and your business? How much time will they take to get to know you and your business objectives?
- Can you see and touch items that you’re considering buying and personalizing?
- Are they a 1-stop shop for all of your promotional needs or do they carry limited items?
- Will they offer you ideas and suggestions to suit your needs and budget? Do they have access to a wide range of products and items, or will they sell you only what they stock or have an over inventory of? Buying local is important, but choose a local company with international buying power to receive more quality items at better price points.
- What are they doing to go above and beyond to earn your business and build a long term relationship with you? Do they stand behind their products 100% of the time?